When it comes to creating a dinner party, nothing achieves the "wow factor" like Thai food. In this Thai party menu planner, you'll find a choice of recipes in each course - from simple to complicated, depending on your cooking experience and how much time you're prepared to invest. The great thing about preparing a Thai meal is that so much of it can be prepared in advance, then quickly put together when guests arrive, allowing you to enjoy the evening as much as your guests.
- Start with a Taste-bud Zinging Appetizer (that will have your friends talking for weeks!): Meng Khum - a Classic Thai Appetizer. This simple but incredible appetizer is difficult to describe - you have to taste it for yourself to believe the interesting mix of flavors and textures with each mouthful-sized "pop" of this special Thai treat.
- Another beautiful appetizer that will welcome your guests to the table is a "bouquet" of Thai Fresh Spring Rolls. These fresh rolls not only look gorgeous, they are incredibly wonderful to eat too. They are also gluten-free, and can be made vegetarian.
- Classic Thai Green Curry Chicken, OR Vegetarian Thai Green Curry.
- Easy Yellow Chicken Curry
- Sumptuous Thai Seafood Curry
- Phuket Pad Thai (with shrimp)
- Classic Chicken Pad Thai
- Vegetarian Pad Thai - an Authentic Vegetarian Version of Pad Thai that is Incredibly Delicious!
- Beautiful Rose Petal Salad - makes any dinner party special!
- Super-Easy Thai Tossed Green Salad
- Easy Thai Cucumber Salad
- Classic Thai Sticky Mango Dessert (Vegan and Gluten-free!)
- Fantastic Thai Fried Bananas (Vegan) - Get Your Guests Involved in Rolling Their Own!
- Quick & Easy Thai Creme Caramel (Vegan and Gluten-free) - make it the day before and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
- Mango Passion Cocktail (pictured above) makes a festive and tropical impression, and also goes well with the Thai food dishes listed here. Cheers!
- Thai Iced Tea (non-alcoholic)
- Thai Iced Coffee - also makes an excellent after-dinner drink (a few drops of your favorite liqueur makes it extra special!)
- Wines: For the above menu, a good Shiraz/Syrah would pair nicely.
For more Thai appetizers and finger foods, see: Top Thai Party & Finger Foods for Summer!
MAIN COURSE: Nothing could be more Thai for the main course than a good curry or noodle dish. I recommend one of the following options:
If you're not a curry person, check out these fabulous noodle dishes, which can also be served as the main course.
VEGETABLE SIDE DISHES:
About Thai Beer: If you're a beer drinker, there are few greater pleasures in life than a nice cold lager with a spicy Thai meal. If you want to be authentic, look for imported Thai beers, such as Singha or Chang.
Creating a Tropical Thai Atmosphere:
- Set the Table and the Mood by making a beautiful and fragrant centerpiece for your table: How to Create a Beautiful Thai Centerpiece.
- If You Really Want to Get Creative, Make some Thai Chili Flowers to decorate your serving dishes or party platters.
Most of all, have a great time and enjoy the exquisite taste and flavor of Thai Food!