Thai seems to be gaining a reputation as the new food of love. With its both spicy and sensual overtones, Thai is now the cuisine of choice for most American "first date" couples. It's also the fastest growing cuisine in North America in terms of all-around popularity. So what is it about Thai food that's so sexy? Find out with this special Valentine's Day Dinner Menu. It's sure to make your mate fall in love with you all over again!
Start with Mussels Cooked in White Wine with Basil Coconut Sauce. Serve these succulent mussels with a favorite bottle of white wine or with champagne, and they will definitely put you in the mood for love! Prep. Tip: The basil-coconut sauce can be made ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator for several days, until you're ready to use it.
Other Appetizer Options:
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Special Thai Sauce, excellent with champange or sparkling wine!
- Easy Coconut Curried Mussels
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Nothing could be more romantic than a beautiful Rose Petal Salad.. Make it as one of the courses on your Valentine's Day menu, or even as the main course itself. When served with an appetizer, this salad is really all you need to make your date fall in love with you. (Okay, you might want to add dessert too...)
Red is the color of Valentine's Day. So what could be more appropriate than Thai Red Curry Chicken ? Serve this curry with plenty of Thai jasmine-scented rice. Prep. Tip: Curries taste even better the next day. So if you want to be extra organized, cook this curry up a day or two ahead of time and simply heat it up on that special night.
More Main Course Options:
- Thai Sweet & Sour Fish- also in keeping with the "red" theme
- Thai Mixed Seafood Curry- sumptuous and sensual!
Nothing says Valentine's like chocolate. So why not ask your date to participate in making this easy and delicious Thai Fried Bananas with Chocolate Sauce & Whipped Cream (or Frozen Dessert) Recipe. You'll have fun cooking together, and the results will inspire feelings of culinary ecstasy! (Note that this dessert is suitable for vegans.)
More Dessert Options:
- Easy Thai Creme Caramel (Gluten-free) - very easy to make (in only 10 minutes), plus you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Sticky Rice Layer Cake (Vegan and Gluten-free)- serve with a few rose petals sprinkled over.
Start with Vegetarian Rose Petal Salad. This beautiful and exotic salad will awaken all of your senses at once with its mingling of flavors and textures as well as its beautiful presentation! Prep. Tip: Prepare the ingredients of this salad the day before - except for the roses and star fruit - and keep in the refrigerator until needed. Then just toss with the petals and fruit, and serve.
More Appetizer Options:
- Vegetarian Tom Yum Soup
- Thai Lettuce Wraps. Make Ahead Tip: Cook the filling the day before, but leave out the bean sprouts. When your guest arrives, warm up the filling in your wok, add the sprouts and toppings, and serve with lettuce.
For the main course, serve this wonderful Vegetarian Pad Thai Recipe. Its subtle balance of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors will send you head over heels in love!
More Main Entree Options:
- Thai Green Curry (Vegetarian)
- Thai Pumpkin/Squash Curry Infused with Citrus
- Heavenly Pineapple Fried Rice
For Dessert: See the dessert options in the menu above, some of which are vegan and/or gluten-free.
For a special drink, try making a sensuous-tasting cocktail, such as Mango Passion Cocktail. This drink is so tropical-tasting, it will inspire thoughts of a romantic beach get-away!
To create the perfect romantic atmosphere, make this simple but Exotic Thai Centerpiece. It will add a touch of tropical romance to your table with fresh flowers as well as candlelight and fragrance. Then turn down the lights, bring out the food, and prepare to fall in love!