Oscar Night Menu
- Start with Thai-style Coconut Shrimp. These bite-size fried shrimp make an excellent finger food to get your party started.
- Or, for vegetarians, try Thai Corn Cakes/Fritters( which are vegan and can also be made gluten-free.)
Pair these zesty finger foods with a Riesling, Zinfandel, sparkling wine, or champagne.
Prep.Tip: The coconut shrimp batter as well as the corn cakes batter can be made ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator. Then, a half-hour or so before your party, simply fry them up. Keep warm in the oven until your guests arrive.
(For More Thai Appetizers and Finger Food Options, see my: Top Thai Party Foods!.)
Make your Oscar party Hollywood elegant by serving this beautiful Thai Rose Petal Salad, OR Vegetarian Rose Petal Salad. For a 'quick & easy' salad option, go for Easy Thai Cucumber Salad OR Vegetarian Thai Cucumber Salad. Pair these salads with a Shiraz/Syrah or an extra dry sparkling wine.
Salad Prep. Tip: You can prepare the salad several hours in advance, keeping the dressing separate until your guests arrive. Then simply toss and serve!
3. MAIN COURSE:
- For non-vegetarians, serve Baked Thai Fillet of Fish , OR
- Best Thai Chicken Satay (grilled or oven-broiled)
Prep.Tip: Both of these dishes can be prepared ahead of time, then just pop them in the oven (or on the grill) when guests arrive. Serve these star-worthy dishes with plenty of Thai jasmine-scented rice on the side, and a bottle of your favorite Chardonnay.
- For vegetarians, serve either Vegetarian Thai Green Curry, OR Easy Heavenly Thai Pineapple Fried Rice (Served in a Pineapple). Pair this supreme party dish with a Cabernet or Pinot Grigio.
- For a truly star-studded dessert, serve this elegant Thai Star Fruit Dessert (Vegan), OR
- Easy Mango Sorbet (drizzled with Coconut Liqueur). Aside from being out-of-this-world delicious, these desserts are also beautiful as well as elegant to serve. They're also easy to put together and both can be made ahead of time. Pair with White Zinfandel to finish off your star-quality evening!
5. FINAL TOUCHES
Prepare Your Thai Table to Create a Sensual and Starry-eyed Atmosphere:
- Beautiful Thai Centerpiece with Step by Step Instructions. Fun, inexpensive, and easy to make, this beautiful centerpiece will add some tropical warmth to your table with fresh flowers as well as candlelight and fragrance. Then turn down the lights, bring out the food, and prepare to be the star of your own fabulous Oscar night party!