Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- YIELDS: 3-4 cups glazed cashews
- 3 to 4 cups plain roasted cashews (other types of nuts will work too)
- whites of 2 small to medium eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- a little oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchement paper or tin foil. Lightly oil the paper or foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg whites with a fork until fluffy.
- Add the sugar, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add the nuts, stirring until they are covered with the sugar-spice mixture.
- Pour this sticky nut mixture onto the prepared foil or parchment paper. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, spread the nuts out.
- Bake until nuts turn light golden in color and appear candied (12-15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Using your hands, break the nuts up, and enjoy!
Tip: The longer you leave these nuts out, the more they will harden and crisp up. I leave mine out up to 24 hours, then store in containers.