Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: SERVES 6-8
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or juice of 1/2 lime)
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. natural syrup, like maple syrup OR 1 -3 tsp. sugar (to taste)
- 1 bottle champagne OR sparkling white wine (or substitute sparkling spring water if you prefer less alcohol)
- Optional Garnishes: ice cubes OR crushed ice, lime wedges/slices, plus fresh cherries or other fruit of your choice
- First, cut the mangoes and drop all their succulent flesh into your blender.
- Add the vodka, lime juice, salt, and syrup or sugar. Blend well to create a kind of mango puree. Now do a taste-test, adding more syrup or sugar if desired (how much syrup will depend on the sweetness of your mangoes). This drink should be a balance between sweet and sour, but leaning more toward the sweet.
- Pour this wonderful mango concoction into glasses, half-filling them. Top up with your choice of champagne, sparkling wine, or sparkling spring water if you prefer less alcohol. Finish with a couple of ice cubes or some crushed ice.
- If desired, garnish glasses with slices/wedges of fresh lime, plus your choice of fresh fruit (I used fresh cherries). CHEERS!
Non-Alcoholic Version: To make this drink non-alcoholic, substitute the vodka for 1/4 cup water OR mango juice (or other tropical juice, such as guava or pineapple juice). Then top up your glass with sparkling spring water (such as Perrier) instead of champagne. ENJOY!