Thai appetizers are meant to awaken the senses for the food that follows. For an easy appetizer you can make on the barbecue, try this truly gourmet treat:
- Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp. Because the shells are left on, it makes grilling the shrimp easy. Plus, it makes a nice finger food (you eat it right out of the shell). And the taste? Let's say it's just the best shrimp you've ever had!
If you'd rather make an appetizer ahead of party-time (and not on the grill), try one of these two step-by-step recipes - both are guaranteed to wake up the taste-buds of your family and friends!
There's satay, and then there's homemade Thai satay! If you've never had the real stuff, then you're going to be blown away by the succulent taste of this satay recipe. Strips of chicken or beef are marinated in a special Thai paste, then skewered and grilled on the BBQ. It is then served with homemade peanut sauce for the ultimate taste sensation.
If You'd Rather Serve Fish...
- Your guests will be sure to enjoy this elegant and crispy-tender Thai Whole Fish with a Sweet Sauce.
- OR, if you prefer an even simpler recipe, try making this equally delicious Easy Grilled Fish Recipe. It's garlicky and melt-in-your-mouth tender on the inside.
If You'd Rather Serve Chicken...
For More Thai Barbecue Recipes to choose from, see my: Best Thai Barbecue Recipes for Summer!
The following side dishes are terrific for a barbecue or cookout party:
- Thai Coconut Rice - Terrific to serve with any of the barbecue recipes above!
- Easy Barbecued Vegetables, Thai-Style
- OR make a Thai salad, like my scruptiously-refreshing:Thai Pineapple Salad with Cucumber and Peanuts! Very easy to make, and a delight to serve! See recipe for make-ahead tips.
Make a fresh Thai dessert to complete your barbecue party. These fantastic dessert recipes will send your friends away feeling satiated and very happy.
- If you'd like to try a barbecued dessert, check out this easy Thai treat:Barbecued Pineapple "Pops". This dessert can be prepared ahead of time, then just put on the barbecue after dinner. It's like Pina Colada on a stick!
- "Creamy" Thai Creme Caramel This dessert takes only 10 minutes to whip up, plus it can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until your party! As a bonus, it's lactose-free (the "creamy" texture comes from coconut milk), plus gluten-free and low-fat, so an excellent choice if you have guests with diet restrictions.
- Easy Thai Fried Banana Dessert. Get your guests/friends involved in making their own dessert - very fun to make, plus there's nothing quite so delicious, especially when served with ice cream!
- Incredibly-Easy Thai Ice Cream Sauce. Make this sauce ahead of time, then just warm up and serve over vanilla ice cream. The ingredients may sound strange, but somehow they magically transform into the taste of butterscotch, followed by a hit of spice - incredible!
Pair this meal with a fantastic Thai Party Drink: Thai Mango Passion Cocktail. This drink is very easy to make, but is so beautiful, it will make you look like a pro!
For a non-alcoholic beverage, make up a large batch of Thai Iced Tea. It's easy to stir up, can be made up to two days in advance, and goes well with all the Thai dishes recommended here.
To create a Thai atmosphere for your party, make this easy Thai-style Centerpiece with Fresh Flowers and Candles. Sets the right mood and looks great either indoors on your dining room table, or out on a deck, especially in the evening! Enjoy!!