Looking for a good bbq rub that's also easy to make and healthy too? Try this Thai Barbecue Rub! Similar to a traditional Texus dry rub, except I find this Asian-inspired bbq rub to be even better, due to the extra spices and flavors. Turmeric gives the meat a beautiful color, while garlic and cayenne spice things up. Works with all kinds of meat, including fish, chicken, and bbq ribs. Make up a large batch and store it in a jar on your countertop, and this simple but tasty bbq rub will keep you going all summer long! ENJOY!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- MAKES approx. 1/2 cup bbq rub
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper (adjust according to how spicy you want it)
- 1 Tbsp. white pepper OR 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl or cup.
- Sprinkle over the chicken, fish, ribs, or other meat you intend to barbecue. Press or rub the powder into the flesh.Tip: For extra moistness: Drizzle a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil over the meat first, slathering it evenly over surface. Then add the barbecue rub, pressing or rubbing it into the flesh or skin.
- Barbecue/grill the meat or fish until cooked.
- If desired, serve with this simple no-cook Thai sauce spooned over (or used as a dipping sauce). Just stir together:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce (or substitute 2.5 Tbsp. soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. shallots or purple onion, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper Stir, then taste-test, adding more fish/soy sauce if not salty enough, or more sugar or spice if desired. ENJOY!