Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: MAKES 1.5 to 2 cups mango sauce
- 2 ripe mangoes (see below for mango tips)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, OR 1 Tbsp. soy sauce + pinch salt if vegetarian/vegan, to taste
- 4 Tbsp. good-quality (thick) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. Thai sweet chili sauce (available in most supermarkets in the Asian section)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili (from the spice aisle)
- Scoop out the mango fruit and place in a food processor, blender, or large chopper.
- Add all other ingredients. Process well to create a delicious mango sauce. Tip: Avoid over-processing, as you don't want it too runny. If you prefer chunks of mango in your sauce, just pulse to create the sauce until you're happy with the consistency.
- Do a taste-test. Depending on the ripeness/sweetness of your mango, you may have to add a little more sugar. Add more fish sauce for more flavor, or more chili for more spice. What you want is a balance of sweet, salty, and spicy.
- Use as a marinade/sauce for chicken, pork, fish, or seafood, OR serve as a delicious dip for nearly any finger food. ENJOY!
Note: To use this as a marinade for grilled chicken, see my: Grilled Mango Chicken Recipe.