The Bottom Line
This is a great book for readers who have sampled Thai cuisine in restaurants and now wish to try cooking it at home. The recipes are straightforward and the instructions clear. A good basic guide to Thai cooking.
- the complexities of Thai cooking simplified
- provides a wealth of recipes
- ingredient lists are manageable
- few pictures to demonstrate dishes or recipe steps
- generous number of recipes
- all basic Thai dishes represented
- easy enough to follow, even for beginners
Guide Review - "Simply Thai Cooking" by Wandee Young & Byron Ayanoglu
"Simply Thai Cooking" by Wandee Young & Byron Ayanoglu is a nice little paperback to have around your kitchen. It is an excellent choice for those who have become enamoured with Thai food sampled in restaurants (or perhaps in Thailand itself) and wish to try their hand at cooking it. As there are few pictures to give readers an idea of what it is they're cooking or how it will look once it's done, it does help to have some knowledge of basic Thai dishes before trying these recipes. Otherwise, instructions are clear and ingredient lists not too long or laborious.