Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- bunch of bananas
- 1 package small spring roll wrappers (or large package if small is unavailable)
- optional: maple syrup or chocolate sauce
- optional: ice cream or whipped cream
- oil for deep frying (peanut, sunflower, almond, or other low-smoking oil is best)
- Wrap bananas in spring roll wrappers (if using large wrappers, cut them to fit the size of the bananas) and place near stove.
- Place enough oil in a wok or deep frying pan to cover wrapped bananas (1-2 inches).
- Heat oil on medium-high heat. Oil is ready when you can see bubbles rising through the oil from the base of the pan.
- Using tongs, gently place wrapped bananas in hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel (to absorb excess oil).
- Place a banana on a serving plate and drizzle maple syrup over.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side (or both, if you're not watching your waistline).
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or green tea.