Serve this tropical Thai dessert to guests, and you'll have friends for life! Everyday bananas are transformed into a heavenly delight - crispy on the outside, warm and melting on the inside. Best of all, this scrumptious dessert is easy and fun to make, whether you're cooking alone or with some friends. Enjoy these fried bananas hot from the pan, or add some ice cream or whipped cream and chocolate sauce for an extra special (and yummy) treat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- bunch of bananas
- 1 package small spring roll wrappers (or large package if small is unavailable)
- optional: maple syrup or chocolate sauce
- optional: ice cream or whipped cream
- oil for deep frying (peanut, sunflower, almond, or other low-smoking oil is best)
For an easy step-by-step version of this recipe (with pictures and cooking tips), see my: Thai Fried Banana Dessert Recipe.
- Wrap bananas in spring roll wrappers (if using large wrappers, cut them to fit the size of the bananas) and place near stove.
- Place enough oil in a wok or deep frying pan to cover wrapped bananas (1-2 inches).
- Heat oil on medium-high heat. Oil is ready when you can see bubbles rising through the oil from the base of the pan.
- Using tongs, gently place wrapped bananas in hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel (to absorb excess oil).
- Place a banana on a serving plate and drizzle maple syrup over.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side (or both, if you're not watching your waistline).
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or green tea.