Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 martinis
- MANGO PUREE: (makes enough for 3-4 martinis)
- 2 fresh ripe mangos (see link for how to buy/prepare), OR 2 cups frozen prepared mango (cubed)
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tsp. sugar
- MARTINI INGREDIENTS: (for 1 martini - see below for making a batch)
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. vermouth
- 4 oz. prepared mango puree (see step 1 below)
- ¼ cup crushed ice (OR a few ice cubes if using a blender)
- Place prepared mango in a blender or food processor. Add the lime juice, water, and sugar. Blitz well to create a beautiful mango puree.
- Taste-test your puree - it should taste like a thick and very delicious mango juice (note that if you're using a semi-ripe mango OR frozen mango, you may need to add more sugar). If you want your martinis to have a very smooth texture, strain the puree through a sieve (I like mine as is, with the occasional tiny piece of mango - more flavor and all the fiber!).
- Now measure all the martini ingredients into a shaker, including the mango puree you just made, and shake it up, or put ingredients into a blender and blitz a few seconds. Pour out into a martini glass and garnish with a slice of lime or a pretty starfruit slice (see link for how to buy/prepare).
How to Make a Batch, + More Easy Party Tips:
If you're making 3 or 4 drinks at once, here's how to simplify things: First make the mango puree (as in step 1) and leave it in the blender (If my guests haven't arrived yet, I'll pop the container in the refrigerator until they come.). If desired, you can strain the mango puree through a sieve and return to the blender (I skip this step). Then add 4 oz. vermouth, 8 oz. vodka, and a handful of ice cubes (or up to 3/4 cup crushed ice). Blitz well, adjusting the sweetness/sourness balance to taste (add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter, or more lime juice if too sweet. If alcohol content is too strong for you, add more ice). ENJOY!
Thai Party Foods that Compliment Mango Martinis: