Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 5 minutes
- vanilla ice cream OR vanilla frozen yogurt/soy milk/rice milk (enough for 2-3 scoops per guest)
- optional: fresh mint or basil leaves (as a garnish)
- optional: crushed or chopped peanuts OR cashews
- optional: dried red chili flakes (available in the spice section of your local grocery store)
- Thai Sweet Chili Caramel Sauce: (Makes enough for 2 people)
- 4 Tbsp. Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce (available in the Asian section of grocery stores, OR find it in Asian/Chinese stores)
- 4 Tbsp. syrup (I like to use pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 Tbsp. fish sauce, OR a generous pinch of salt (OR "Vegetarian fish sauce" - available at Vietnamese food stores)
- squeeze of lime juice (about 1/2 Tbsp.)
- Combine all sauce ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Place sauce pan over medium heat, stirring continually until sauce is well combined and warm (but not boiling) - about 1 minute.
- Place 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream in each serving dish. Now spoon the warm sauce over, dividing the sauce up equally (there will be enough for 2 people - double the sauce recipe for 4-5 people).
- Serve immediately, or see additional serving options below.
After sauce has been spooned over ice cream, garnish each dish with:
- a few fresh mint or basil leaves
- some crushed peanuts OR my Sweet & Spicy Glazed Cashews.
- an extra sprinkling of dried red chili flakes (this looks pretty and spices things up a bit more!)
My husband also adds a final topping of Grand Marnier (nice for extra special occasions, such as a dinner party). ENJOY!!!!!