Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: SERVES 2-4
- SERVES 2-4
- 115g/4oz (1/2 cup) "seed" tapioca (from the baking section of your local supermarket)
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can of coconut milk
- table syrup or maple syrup to serve (approx. 2-3 Tbsp. per serving)
For a step-by-step version of this recipe, see my: How to Make Coconut Tapioca Pudding.
- Cover the tapioca with luke warm water for 15-20 minutes, or until the granules expand and have softened. Pour off excess water.
- Place tapioca, pinch of salt, and 2 cups water in a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding a little more water (if necessary) to prevent tapioca from bubbling and "spitting".
- When tapioca turns soft and a little "gooey", switch off heat and place lid on tight. Let tapioca sit 10 minutes - the residual heat inside the tapioca will finish turning all of the 'seeds' soft and translucent.
- Serve immediately if you prefer a warm dessert (good in the fall and winter), or let the tapioca cool in the refrigerator if you prefer a cold dessert (good for spring/summer).
- To serve, spoon out about 1/2 cup per person of the tapioca into individual serving bowls. Drizzle about 1/4 cup of coconut milk over each bowl. Then drizzle over about 2 Tbsp. syrup, or to taste. Now have each person stir their pudding a little before sampling this tropical delight! Enjoy!