- 1 package tapioca pearls (made for bubble tea)
- Thai red tea OR regular black or orange pekoe tea (regular 'Red Rose' tea works well)
- 1 ripe mango (OR substitute 2-3 cups frozen mango)
- natural syrup, such as maple syrup (OR substitute sugar)
- 1-2 cans coconut milk (1 can will serve 2 people)
- crushed ice or ice cubes
- regular milk or cream, OR good-tasting soy milk, OR sweetened condensed milk
- straws (bubble tea straws work best)
Tips on Ingredients/Substitutions:
- It's best to use the black, green, or multi-colored tapioca pearls made specifically for bubble tea. These are available in most Asian food stores, and also online. Regular tapioca pearls will disappoint, as they fall apart when cooked.
- Use one of the milk options listed above if you prefer your bubble tea creamy.