- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey breast, cooked or uncooked, cut into small pieces (Note: if vegetarian, replace chicken with canned or cooked chick peas)
- 1 Tbsp. Thai yellow curry paste, ready-bought or homemade (to make your own, see my Thai Yellow Curry Paste Recipe).
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil for frying
- 1-3 Tbsp. fish sauce (depending on desired saltiness) or vegetarian fish sauce
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes, cut up into very small cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 box frozen store-bought phyllo (filo) pastry, defrosted for 1 hour
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
Heat oil in wok. Add paste and shallots, plus raw chicken (if using). Stir fry until chicken is cooked. If using pre-cooked chicken or turkey, add it after shallots have softened. Add water to the wok when it becomes dry, several tablespoons at a time. Finally, add potatoes, peas, and fish sauce, plus a little more water, stirring to create a moist (but not wet) filling. Finally, do a taste test for salt, adding more fish sauce if needed. (If you find it too salty, add up to 2 Tbsp. lime juice) Set this filling aside.