- 1 package large dried rice wrappers (also called "rice paper")
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey, sliced or cut into bite-size pieces, and tossed in 2-3 Tbsp. fish sauce (OR substitute 1 cup cooked small or medium-sized shrimp - fresh, canned, or frozen, tossed in 2 Tbsp. soy sauce) - If Vegetarian, substitute baked tofu or flavored wheat gluten
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh sweet basil, roughly chopped if leaves are large
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced into matchstick-like pieces
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
Except for the rice rolls, place each of the above ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.