Sumptuous, succulent shrimp easily stir-fried in a tangy Thai garlic sauce - and it takes only 15 minutes to make! Salty-sweet, garlicky, and a little spicy, it's the perfect dish to serve any night of the week. Also beautiful enough to serve at a party as an appetizer or finger food (see serving tips below). Goes nice with rice, or crusty French bread. Even your kids will go wild for these shrimp (just reduce the chili content). ENJOY!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 12-15 medium to large shrimp or prawns, butterflied (shells can be removed or left on, as desired)
- 1+1/2 to 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce (I used Thai oyster sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4-6 cloves minced garlic (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying
- 1 fresh red chili, minced, OR up to 1/3 tsp. dried crushed chili (to taste)
- lime or lemon wedges
- handful of fresh coriander
- Optional: more fresh chili, OR dried crushed chili
- Make the marinade/sauce by combining in a mixing bowl: oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lime juice, and chili. Stir well.
- Place shrimp in the marinade and stir well to coat.
- Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan. When hot, add the shrimp along with the marinade.
- Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp are plump and pink. They will also be lightly browned from the sauce. (Avoid overcooking, or shrimp will turn rubbery.) Taste-test for salty-sweet balance, adding more sugar if too sour. If too salty or sweet, add more lime juice.
- This dish can be served 2 ways: For a Dinner or Lunch Entree: Simply slide onto a serving platter and sprinkle with coriander, plus additional fresh chili (if using). Add lemon or lime wedges to the side, and serve with rice or crusty French loaf.
- If Serving at a Party or as an Appetizer: Use tongs to pick shrimp out of the wok/pan, allowing most of the sauce to drip back into the pan. Arrange the shrimp on a serving platter with tails up (as in photo) and stick a toothpick into each one for easier eating. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with fresh coriander. Garnish with lime wedges and ENJOY!