Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 an eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick slices
- several sweet peppers of different colors, cut lengthwise and de-seeded
- optional: other vegetables such as portobello mushroom slices, onions (quartered), or sweet potato slices
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dark soy sauce (or 1 Tbsp. wheat-free tamari for gluten-free diets)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1/2 loose cup fresh coriander, including the stems, chopped
- handful of fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Place all marinade ingredients in a small chopper or food processor. Process to a fine paste-like sauce.
- Place prepared vegetables in a long and flat dish or pan. Pour the marinade over.
- Distribute the marinade over both sides of the vegetables. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes (while you prepare the barbecue), or up to several hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill on your barbecue (or on an indoor countertop grill), turning several times. Vegetables are done when browned slightly and flesh has softened - about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the heat of your grill.
- Serve the vegetables as is, or garnish with a handful of fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over. Makes a perfect side dish to barbecued meat, burgers, poultry, fish, or other barbecue delights. ENJOY!!
Vegetable Grilling Tips: If you want to grill cherry tomatoes and onions (these are marvelous on the barbecue!), try marinating them first, them skewering them. Wooden skewers can be easily purchased in grocery stores or gourmet food shops.