Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- YIELDS: enough BBQ sauce for 2 servings of steak, or 4 burgers
- 4 Tbsp. oyster sauce (I use Golden Dragon brand; other brands may be saltier)
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup (OR 3 Tbsp. tomato paste + 1 tsp. sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. molasses (OR 3 Tbsp. Thai dark sweet soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (OR 1+1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. crushed chili OR cayenne pepper, OR 1-2 tsp. chili sauce, OR 1 fresh red chili, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Taste-test your bbq sauce, adding more honey if not sweet enough, or more lime juice if too sweet or too salty for your taste. Also add more chili if desired.
- Use the sauce as a marinade for your meats, fish, or seafood, and brush it on while grilling. Great with steak, ribs, burgers, salmon, shrimp, and more!
Tips: I like to double this recipe and then drizzle a little more over the entree before serving. It's also delicious over rice and potatoes. This sauce will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. ENJOY!