Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- YIELD: 1 large bowl of fruit salad
- 1+1/2 cups fresh papaya, cubed (for papaya instructions, see link below)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned (for fresh pineapple instructions, see link below)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced or cut into quarters
- 1 cup other fruit, local OR exotic such as blueberries, melon, dragon fruit, lychees, longans, or rambutans
- Garnish: starfruit slices
- FRUIT SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar OR palm sugar
- Stir fruit salad dressing ingredients together in a cup until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Place all the fresh fruit in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and toss well to mix.
- Pour or scoop the fruit salad into a serving bowl, or into a prepared pineapple boat (as pictured). Garnish just before serving with a star fruit slice. For easy instructions, see: How to Make a Pineapple Boat.
Star Fruit Tip:To keep starfruit from going brown after slicing, simply drizzle over some fresh lime or lemon juice.
For tips and instructions on how to prepare tropical fruit, see: