This mango salsa recipe is so easy, it takes just minutes to prepare. Simply toss the ingredients in your food processor, or chop and combine by hand. Either way, this simple Thai mango salsa tastes divine! Use it as a dip for cooked prawns (makes a great party dish), or tortilla chips, or as a topping over grilled fish or chicken (see my recipe link below for Thai Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa). Included are instructions on how to buy and cut a mango.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 fresh, ripe mangoes (see further instructions below), OR 2 cups frozen prepared mango cubes
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (or vegetarian fish sauce), OR substitute 1.5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2-4 tsp. Thai sweet chilli sauce OR 1/2-1 tsp. dried chilli flakes, depending on how spicy you want it
- handful of fresh coriander leaves (plus a little more for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- optional: 1 tsp. or more sugar (if mangoes are not very sweet)
For more information on how to buy, cut, and eat a mango, see my: All About Mangoes Guide.
- Place pieces of cut mango (discarding the stone and skin) into your food processor. OR place prepared mango in a mixing bowl. (If using frozen mango, be sure to thaw it first.)
- Add all other ingredients, except the sugar (you may not need this).
- If using a processor, "pulse" in brief spurts (don't over-process, or the salsa will become mushy/runny) until the desired consistency is reached. If mixing by hand, simply stir all the ingredients together, "cutting" the larger pieces of mango with your spoon to achieve desired consistency.
- Taste-test the salsa for sweetness/sourness, adding 1 tsp.(or more) of sugar if needed. If not spicy enough, add a little more dried chilli or chilli sauce. If not salty enough, add a little more fish or soy sauce, or a pinch of salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or the Thai way: as a dip for cooked prawns (leaving tails on as "handles" for dipping). Or spoon over grilled fish or chicken. See, for example, my: Thai Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa Recipe. ENJOY!